Friday, 24 June 2016

Poppy Parker

I'm giddy right now and that's because of the arrival of a long awaited doll...the alluring Poppy Parker by  Integrity Toys

Here she is! Feast your eyes on that iconic, beautiful face!

 That face!


I can't believe it's taken me this long...after all she's been on my wishlist for years. But she's finally home and I'm so glad I got her. I was scrolling through evilbay and happened upon the most beautiful Poppy I have ever seen...ever! She was a Young Sophisticate Poppy who had been rerooted and the result was nothing short of perfection! She looked so much like the, impossible-to-get-unless-you-have-a-kajillion-dollars, Bergdorf Goodman Poppy that I had to do a double take. However she was too expensive so I logged out with a heavy heart thinking that was that. But recently I was on evilbay again and there she was again, the epitome of dolly gorgeousness. Instead of giving up, this time I decided to message the buyer to ask is she was willing to let me have her for a lower offer. Then I headed off to bed thinking it was a long shot but feeling kind of good that I'd at least tried.

The next day I got a message that yes she would accept my offer. I can't even explain how happy I was! I mean it didn't rank up there with my wedding day or the birth of my kids, but it was all in one of the best dolly days ever! As if that wasn't enough awesomeness for one day, I realized they we lived in the same city in the same area and that I could pick Poppy up that night if I wanted! Oh yes please, I wanted to. I would be round at about 7:00 p.m. thank you so much!

The lady in question turned out to be a lovely person and we chatted for a while before I got my hot little hands on said Poppy, handed over my money and then floated home! Oh the joy. :)

This all happened a few days ago and I have spent the time since then happily redressing her, and photographing her in the 1:6 scale diorama hubby made for me.

 Wearing the Barbie Sweet Tea outfit and rocking it

 I can't get over how photogenic she is

It almost didn't happen, but I'm so glad it did. She's cured the dolly funk I was in; I've been having such fun photographing her and searching through my doll clothes for Poppy era clothing. Thankfully I've been able to find a few things. Soon I'll be doing a little online shopping at Clear Lan, a company which makes amazing clothes for Momoko, Poppy Parker and other fashion dolls. I can't wait!

 Miss Poppy



Boho beauty

Getting ready to move into the diorama

So, here's one very happy dolly collector signing off for now...

Happy Friday!

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment