I found this mass blogger interview by Ms Leo at I Luv Dolls Blog and thought it would be fun to participate. These are my answers. Here goes...
- When did you start collecting dolls?
- What was your first purchase as a collector?
- How many dolls do you own?
- What is your favorite doll and why?
Modern Snow White
And in terms of barbie/fashion dolls my favorite is my beautiful Barbie Princess of South Africa. I have a soft spot for dolls of colour and I absolutely adore this girl! Her name is Mbali.
Barbie Princess of South Africa
- What doll or dolls are not your favorites and why?
- What is the biggest challenge about collecting dolls?
- How do you display or store your dolls?
- Have you ever been to a doll show?
No, never. Too much temptation. *shudders*
- When you travel, do you look for dolls?
- What is your latest purchase?
- What doll is on your wish list now?
*Image by SpinMaster
- What do you wish you didn’t purchase?
- What is your favorite doll related item?
My Liv Hayden's House. The turquoise kitchen is so pretty and nothing is pink for which I am profoundly grateful; thank you Spin Master! Anyway, I'm still working on it and trying to make it look like a beach cottage. Here it is. I still have to make bedding and put up some shelves in the kitchen. It also needs more beachy accessories and pictures on the walls.
- How often do you photo your dolls and what doll is the most photographed
I take pics whenever the sun is out which, in Canada during the winter, is not a lot. I find the Liv Dolls to be the most photogenic. Livs eyes are so vivid and they just pop on film. They are such gorgeous dolls! Here's my favorite shot of Liv Sophie. Look at those eyes!
- Do you talk to other collectors in person or just on the web?
- If you had the chance to speak to Mattel or other toy makers, what
Dear Mattel: Please, less pink people or, better still, none! Stop using that cheap and nasty shiny fabric and use more cotton. Loose the glitter and please always, always articulate your dolls. Pleeeeeease!
SpinMaster: Please bring back the Livs!
- What doll do you wish would be reissued?
*Image by PicklePud on Flickr
- What two dolls would you combine and how would you want them
Barbie Dolls of the World with articulated Fashionista bodies. I've already done it. Almost all my DOTW girls have Fashionista bods. See? Here's Megan my DOTW Canada. Shout out to Canada cause it's where I live. I'm a transplanted Brit but I married a Canadian and LOVE it here. Canadians are awesome!
Thanks Ms. Leo. That was fun!
Ta Ta for now!