Saturday, 7 December 2013

Snow White

Greetings Dolly Peeps,

I'm sorry I've been away for so long. I wouldn't blame you for thinking I'd dropped off the face of the earth, but I haven't. I've been busy dealing with some family issues. Now things have calmed down again I'd like to introduce you to Snow White.




Snow White is a ball jointed doll. For those of you who aren't familiar with ball jointed dolls this is what Wikipedia has to say about them:

"A ball-jointed doll is any doll that is articulated with ball and socket joints. In contemporary usage when referring to modern dolls, and particularly when using the acronyms BJD or ABJD, it usually refers to modern Asian ball-jointed dolls. These are cast in polyurethane synthetic resin, a hard, dense plastic, and the parts strung together with a thick elastic. They are predominantly produced in Japan, South Korea and China... They commonly range in size from about 60 centimetres (24 in) for the larger dolls, 40 cm (16 in) for the mini dolls, and all the way down to 10 cm (4 in) or so for the tiniest of the tiny BJDs. BJDs are primarily intended for adult collectors and customizers. They are made to be easy to customize, by painting, changing the eyes and wig, and so forth."

For a long time I only collected tiny BJD's, but I recently sold all my tinies and moved onto bigger dolls. Which is where Snow White comes in. She is an Asleep Eidolon Aure and  measures 42cm high. I fell completely in love with her the moment I first saw her on the Asleep Eidolon website. I immediately thought that she would make the perfect Snow White. Her wistful expression, those big, soulful eyes and that little, red, rosebud mouth, well everything about her screamed Snow White to me.

However I never thought I would actually own this beautiful doll, mostly because of the cost but also because of the nine month - yes count 'em...NINE. LONG. MONTHS - of waiting time that follows after ordering one of AE's dolls while the company casts, puts together, paints, and ships out your doll. Honestly I never thought I'd have the patience to wait that long. But *GASP* wonder of wonders I found a second hand AE Aure on flickr and jumped on the chance to adopt her. And now she's mine! Can you imagine me doing my happy dance? Well I did, when she arrived home. It involved some jigging around and lots of high pitched squeeeing...lol! 


 Princess of the forest


Dreaming of Prince Charming

 
In the forest

Out of a fairytale


Out of a fairytale




The fairest of them all.

So anyway thanks for taking a peek at my blog and for listening to me ramble.

Coconut Hugs,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment