Sunday, 28 April 2013

Eating My Words!

So it was just a few posts ago that I declared that I was bored of Barbies. Well I'm here to eat my words! I found this beauty at a local thrift store...


...and was so spellbound by her awesomeness that she jumped into my hand and came home with me.  She was in really good shape so I dressed her in a Liv doll dress and some black Barbie boots, popped her hair up into a pony tail and sat back happily to admire her.

At first I thought she was a Barbie So In Style doll, but then a kind soul on flickr told me she was a first wave Barbie, It's so Raven doll. She has the Barbie Mbili face sculpt which is the same as the Barbie So In Style dolls, so no wonder she looks like them. How cool is that! I didn't even know Raven had her own Barbie. As I have a soft spot for Barbies of color I was thrilled to have another beautiful girl to add to my collection. 

After swearing off Barbies, 'just one more isn't too bad,' I told myself. But then I started thinking of all the other Barbies I'd squirreled away in boxes, especially the Barbie Doll Of The World dolls. So anyway to cut a long story short I'm currently surrounded by boxes of Barbies and I'm remembering how cool they are. Now don't get me wrong I'm still on my ANTI PINK campaign, but I'd forgotten how many of my Barbies are not slathered in pink and...I have to admit it...kinda awesome. Oh the shame!

So I've been taking them out of their boxes, undressing them and having an absolute hoot playing with them...uh I mean photographing them. ahem! *cough cough*

Here are some of my favorites.

Barbie Princess of South Africa. I redressed her in the Livin' Wild Liv doll dress. I adore her dark, ebony skin tone!


 My all time favorite Barbie

Barbie Princess of the Pacific Islands. Her photo actually doesn't do her justice. She's even more beautiful in the plastic. 

Tropical Beauty

Barbie Cali Girl Male doll. I can't remember what this guy's name was but who cares, he's amazing even without a name.

 Hunkydoodle!

Barbie Princess of Korea. I took down her elaborate hairstyle and washed out all the gel stuff. I love how innocent and fresh she looks.

Oriental Awesomeness

So that's it. All that remains to say is that I've fallen off the Barbie wagon BIG TIME! But surprisingly I'm okay with it. 

Thanks for looking.

Ta Ta for now Dolly Peeps!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment